Horticultural Operations Staff
An Australian leader in the Certified Organic Vegetable sector operates out of 2 locations in Southern NSW and North Queensland. This large organic supplies produce all year round to major markets in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
This fast paced organisation regularly seeks passionate, responsible and enthusiastic Operations Staff. A number of challenging roles are available requiring outstanding organisational and communication skills and a flexible approach to handle the operational aspects of a diverse business, where there is reward for high achievement.
These ‘hands on’ roles cover all aspects of: irrigation; ground preparation; crop monitoring; machinery maintenance; field, harvest and pack house supervision.
You will ideally be a commercially focussed team player who is patient, resilient and adaptable to change, with good problem solving skills. Commitment to the future, along with your ability to handle daily issues and support the team, will determine your level of success.
To be successful in this role you will more than likely have:
• Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
• Able to work autonomously
• Demonstrated ability to keep up with multiple irrigation requirements
• A good understanding of maintenance schedules and general mechanical aptitude
• A proven track record of supervising labour of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• Experience in day to day farm operations and pressurised irrigation
• A basic understanding of Food Safety and a willingness to learn and comply with Freshcare and Organic guidelines
• Know your way around a computer
• Proven ability to keep and manage records
• Knowledge or experience in the vegetable growing industry
• Forklift & HR truck licences or ability to acquire
• Willingness to travel between locations in NSW and QLD occasionally
If you are a permanent Australian resident and can demonstrate a passion and appreciation for organic vegetable cropping, submit your application outlining your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants seeking either full or part-time positions are encouraged to apply. Consideration will also be given to applicants with minor disabilities.
If you would like to work in this industry we encourage you to contact us.